No more painting, I hope…

At last we got finished, Mervi and I. The Cameravan is (almost) ready for the road. It still needs some decoration in the form of letters, as can be seen in one of the pictures below, but they will come pretty soon after easter. Now I just have to wait for someone to take away all the snow in front of the garage, then I can take the Cameravan out and bring it back home.

For now, just enjoy the pictures, and if you have comments, please be welcome 🙂

The decoration on the front side is just the plain WPPD logo without any text.

The decoration on the front side is just the plain WPPD logo without any text.

In the middle of the logo a tiny hole do the work.

In the middle of the logo a tiny hole do the work.

The WPPD 2013 logo as it is painted on the left side of the trailer

The WPPD 2013 logo as it is painted on the left side of the trailer

A closer look at the logo on the left side

A closer look at the logo on the left side

The front of the trailer with "The Giant Mobile Camera" photoshopped in. This is what it will look like when it is finished.

The front of the trailer with “The Giant Mobile Camera” photoshopped in. This is what it will look like when it is finished.

Painting day two: WPPD Logo painted

I’ve just finished painting the Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day logo 2013 on the Cameravan.Now I am just wondering how to “frame” it.

With the help of a projector connected to my mac I outlined the logo

With the help of a projector connected to my mac I outlined the logo

Some color and black filled in.

Some color and black filled in.

Almost finished. Have to fill in some gray, and probably fill in a little color here and there.

Almost finished. Have to fill in some gray, and probably fill in a little color here and there.

First day of painting

The first layer of paint is laid on the cameravan. I was not able to get the projector far enough away from the door side to get the WPPD logo big enough, so I have to print a overhead slide and use an old overhead projector. The logo on the other side is smaller, I’ll just move the cameravan to the other side of the room and outline the logo with the projector.

A last layer of black paint is still needed on the inside.

A last layer of black paint is still needed on the inside.

The front end of the Cameravan

The front end of the Cameravan

The left side of the Cameravan, where the WPPD 2013 logo is supposed to be

The left side of the Cameravan, where the WPPD 2013 logo is supposed to be

The door side of the Cameravan (also the front of the camera) with the large WPPD logo (without text)

The door side of the Cameravan (also the front of the camera) with the large WPPD logo (without text)

Ready for painting and decorating

The Cameravan is now placed indoors. I will paint and decorate it during Easter week, the only week I could get room for it. Weather forecast is not very good, so it seems a nice activity, after all.

Checking lights before moving the van. It proved that my car had foulty connections to the van, so I had to use another car.

Checking lights before moving the van. It proved that my car had foulty connections to the van, so I had to use another.

 

Ready for painting

Ready for painting

In the garage, this side will be painted first. This is the Camera front.

In the garage, this side will be painted first. This is the Camera front.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Cameravan will hopefully dry up during the weekend so it is ready for painting monday morning.

First time with real glass

A Rodenstock Apo-Ronar 600mm f:9 technical lens can now be used in the Cameravan. The lens is mounted to the lens plate from the front of the lens, so it can be handled from the inside of the camera. It can also be mounted on the outside, there are threads both front and back of the lens. A short test showed that a 1:1 photo will fill a 70x100cm film area without problems, and a 2:1 photo will fill even more. That’s some macro lens 🙂

A trailer with a lens. 600mm Apo Ronar seen from the outside of the trailer.

A trailer with a lens. 600mm Apo Ronar seen from the outside of the trailer.

 

A closer look at the lens:

Almost two kilograms of glass in front of the Cameravan.

Almost two kilograms of glass in front of the Cameravan.

Next post will give you a picture of what this lens can give inside the Cameravan.

 

“Lens mount” finally in place.

At last the “lens mount” is in place on the Giant Mobile Camera, and now it is possible to change between different holes, and even lenses, too.

This is where the "lens mount" is supposed to be placed.

This is where the “lens mount” is supposed to be placed.

objektivplate-2

This is the lens mount. It has an old lock system from a Graflex Crown Graphic to hold the “lens plates”

objektivplate-3

“Lens mount” with silicon glue

objektivplate-4

“Lens mount” from inside. The “lens plates” are mounted from inside the Cameravan. In case of a lens, it can also be mounted and handled inside the camera.

objektivplate-5

The diameter of the hole is 14 cm, room enough for a rather big lens.

objektivplate-6

A “lens plate” with variable aperture

objektivplate-7

An old Compur shutter with all the shutter mechanics removed functions as a variable aperture. Quite nice, I think 🙂

objektivplate-8

Full opening

objektivplate-9

The aperture stopped down

Next is to make different shaped holes for demonstration purposes, for this I will be using slide frames with black tape inside. I have a “lens plate” ready for this. I will also make a holder for a 600 mm Apo-Ronar lens.